Monday, November 13, 2006

Youth Edge/Petra/Remembrance Day

Hello my adoring fans!
Sorry it’s taken so long to let you peek into the goings-on of my life. I can’t even say I was all that busy but it’s my blog and I can update it when I want to.
Guess what! Last weekend (3-5) I was at Millar’s youth retreat, “Youth Edge”, and they had some special guests there. They invited Jon Schlitt(lead singer) and Bob Hartman(lead guitarist) from the Christian rock band, Petra to lead the worship in the sessions! It was pretty cool. I had never heard of them before that weekend but since a lot of people were talking about them I learned I bit about them. I talked with them some over the weekend and it was cool to see how humble and down to earth they were. AND I hugged them both! Thinking back, it’s awesome that I hugged two rock stars from the 70’s and 80’s!!!!
One of the girls that was there took my picture with the two of them and I think she is going to put on her website. If she does I’ll put the address on here so you can see it if you want.

I was going to put something on here on Remembrance Day but I never got around to it.
I ended up singing Letters from War at the Legion’s Remembrance Day service and at my church yesterday. Lots of people cried. Mostly women but a few men were in tears including the only guy actually in the army. It made me think that they must have friends that died in the service. I can’t imagine what our country would look like if all those people hadn’t given up there freedoms, livelihoods and in so many cases their very lives.
I want to dedicate this entry to all the Canadians who have died for our country and all the other soldiers who have sacrificed for their country.

3 comments:

~Jedda said...

Yeah, Rememberance Day is so sad, I get annoyed at all the people who never seem to care.

Petra? SEriously? I think that's pretty cool. Kinda funny. I don't listen to Petra, but they've been around for a long time. I hope you enjoyed it, I wish I could've been there!
Take care, God bless,
Jenna

Karina: Queen of Spuds said...

Merry Christmas!! Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dude! Petra Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!